American people generally suffer from the problem of acid reflux, which is also known as heartburn. This generally happens when the acid in the stomach of a person flows up and reaches the esophagus. If you just ignore it and do not pay much heed to take action against it, it might even damage your esophagus, which would result in critical damage to your food canal.
Although, there are a large number of drugs and medicines available in the market for the treatment of acid reflux, some important natural remedies for curing acid reflux have been discussed here.
Top 2 Liver Cleanse We Recommend
Change Your Eating Habits
The manner of eating affects the esophagus and might result in acid reflux if you’re eating habits are not appropriate. If you are eating too fast without chewing it properly or if you are always eating highly acidic foods, it might result in acid reflux some day.
Also, it is recommended that you do not eat fatty foods as they need more time to digest as compared to other foods. And, it is a well known fact that if food stays in the stomach for a long period, it results in acid reflux. Also, you should not eat a lot at once. Rather, you should eat small meals throughout the day.
Change Your Lifestyle
Your lifestyle might also be a cause of acid reflux. Keep a check on the following things:
• Do not go to sleep directly after having dinner. Have a walk or spend some time doing other physical activities. You can also do a light exercise after an hour of your meal.
• Do not lie down after eating. If you can’t walk or stand, remain seated, but sit upright because lying down immediately after your meals might bring acid reflux symptoms.
• Smoking has been yet another cause for acid reflux. Try to leave your habit of smoking. E-cigarettes are also a great solution if you cannot live without smoking. Smoking might weaken your esophagus valve. Also, do not intake a large quantity of alcohol. Avoid drinking, if possible.
• Overweight people generally get affected by acid reflux. Include
Exercise in your daily schedule and lose excessive weight from your body.
Natural Supplements Might Help You
Some of the natural supplements which help in curing acid reflux have been discussed here:
• Adding 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water creates a superb solution for acid reflux. You can drink this solution up to thrice a day.
• Glutamine has been yet another substance to cure acid reflux. Add 1 teaspoon of it to 4 ounces of water and drink it as soon as you go for a meal.
• Take 600 mg of Licorice root extract and eat it directly twice a day. If it is not possible to eat directly, you can take it with meals.
You should also enhance the amount of fruits and fresh vegetables in your diet in order to prevent acid reflux.