As with any medical condition, there are many ways of treating acid reflux, or to giving it its full title, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Here we look at Antacids which can relieve acid reflux.
Where To Buy?
Find out the relevant products below and buy Antacids as a solution for Acid reflux.
- Eye Drops for Red Eyes: LUMIFY significantly reduces redness to help reveal your eyes' natural radiance. From the eye care experts at Bausch and Lomb, LUMIFY works in 1 minute and lasts up to 8 hours
- LUMIFY is different: The only OTC drop to contain brimonidine. It selectively targets redness, alleviating some potential side effects associated with other redness relief drops, when used as directed
- LUMIFY contains no bleach or dyes. It’s the Number 1 Eye Doctor recommended redness reliever (data on file)
- Eye Care Experts at Bausch and Lomb: For over 150 years, we have focused on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses and solutions to eye drops, ointments, eye vitamins, and more
- Amazing Looking Eyes: We understand how important eyes are. And despite all the eye creams, mascara, eyeliners and eyeshadows, if your eyes are red, you won’t look your best
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: The active ingredient in these delayed release tablets is omeprazole 20 mg, which works as an acid reducer to treat frequent heartburn. Compare to Prilosec OTC
- TREATS FREQUENT HEARTBURN: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg treat frequent heartburn that occurs 2 or more times a week
- ACID REDUCER: Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) that deactivates pumps in the stomach lining to inhibit acid production at the source.
- 14-DAY COURSE OF HEARTBURN TREATMENT: Taken once every 24 hours for 14 days, Amazon Basic Care Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg is not intended for immediate relief of heartburn and may take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- HEARTBURN TIPS: Do not eat late at night or just before bedtime. Certain foods or drinks are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty and fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and even some fruits and vegetables.
- Original prescription strength: MiraLAX provides effective, predictable constipation relief
- Unblocks your system naturally: MiraLAX (PEG 3350) works with the water in your body to hydrate, soften, and ease stool through the colon
- No harsh side effects: Relieve constipation without causing cramping, bloating, sudden urgency, and gas. Health Concern: Constipation
- Mixes into anything: MiraLAX powder easily dissolves into any hot or cold beverage with no taste or grit. MiraLAX is gluten free, sugar free, and preservative free
- The 26.9 ounce bottle contains 45 doses
Alternative Product Link:if you don’t find Antacids as a solution for Acid reflux in the above list.
We found these products are better alternative or related to Antacids as a solution for Acid reflux.
Antacids are generally available without a doctor’s prescription and they relieve the symptoms of acid indigestion and heartburn (dyspepsia).
Antacids and Alignates
The usual ingredients of antacids are magnesium or aluminium and they work by neutralizing the acid produced in the stomach which causes indigestion and acid reflux.
This group often contains sodium alginate which forms a protective layer on the lining of the esophagus and stomach.
Inhibitors of proton pump
Inhibitors of the proton pump are drugs that turn off the system in the stomach called proton pump. It is this system that produces stomach acid.
These drugs are taken in the form of tablets or capsules, the powdered form which is to be diluted in water or injections are also used to treat stomach ulcers and a rare condition called Zollinger – Ellison syndrome, and acid reflux.
Omeprazole and lansoprazole are known as varieties of this particular type of medication, although there are several others.
Side effects are rare but may include diarrhoea or constipation, stomach pain, gas, drowsiness, dizziness and headache. In exceptional cases, a severe allergic reaction may occur.
This group of drugs acts by binding to the region and blocking H2 receptors on cells of the stomach which, when stimulated by the chemical naturally produced histamine, generates acid.
Ranitidine is the best known of this group of drugs, the others being Nizatidine, famotidine and cimetidine.
Side effects are rare, but some patients may show symptoms of diarrhoea, headache, dizziness and fatigue. Hair loss has been reported by lessees of cimetidine and nizatidine, and sweating too.
Both inhibitors of proton pump H2 receptor antagonists are used in conjunction with antibiotics to get rid of the infection with Helicobacter pylori, which can cause stomach ulcers and duodenitis.
Caution: If symptoms of heartburn persist, consult your doctor. They could be a sign of something much more serious than indigestion. Never embark on a path of medication without consulting a doctor. And never take prescription drugs for someone else.
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API